If you were to ask a marketer this question, they would most likely move on to explain how often you need to post. That’s because posting regularly on social media has been a staple in the world of social media marketing for a long time.
With that in mind, let’s take a look at why posting on social media regularly is beneficial to your marketing efforts:
Why Is Regular Posting on Social Media Important?
- More shares and better SERPs
Trending on social media is beneficial for your business because it gets you more shares and increases your SERP ranking. If you want to trend on social media, you have to post regularly, as that increases your searchability.
- More brand awareness
Posting on social media increases brand awareness and makes you more visible to potential customers. By posting regularly, you make sure that your customers see more of you. Naturally, you shouldn’t spam people with too many posts each day. However, irregular and rare posting will cause your audience to forget you.
- Improved conversion rates
Every single one of the posts you make on social media can entice potential customers to buy something from you. By posting regularly and increasing your visibility, you gain more chances to improve your overall conversion rates.
- Helps with brand loyalty
We all know how important building brand loyalty is in today’s world. However, it’s not easily achieved, but regular social media posts will help.
- Gets you more market research data
Another useful aspect of social media marketing is how it helps you learn about your customers. By posting regularly, you can gain further insights into what kind of posts work and which don’t.
- Can improve customer satisfaction
The good thing about social media is that it can improve customer satisfaction. However, if you don’t use it properly, it can create dissatisfaction. Most customers complain through social media, which is why you need to be prompt with your replies – you need to resolve issues as fast as you can. By making regular posts, you’ll also show your customers that you are active and ready to help.
How Often to Post on Social Media
Now that you know how vital regular posting is, it’s time to tell you how often you should do it. Keep in mind this is very general information and will vary based on your industry and audience.
- Facebook – One time per day at least three times per week is the optimal amount. The exact time depends on your target audience and when they are most active on Facebook.
- Twitter – Five to ten times a day. Most users on Twitter are active between 8 am and 4 pm, so you should schedule your posts between those hours.
- LinkedIn – Once per day, Monday through Friday – the best time to post on LinkedIn is in the morning, typically between 10 am and 11 am.
- Instagram – One to two times per day, every day. OR, you could focus on engaging with other accounts for about 15 minutes/day and you won’t need to post as often to see results.
- YouTube – It doesn’t matter how often you post on YouTube. What matters on YouTube is consistency. The best time to upload videos is on Thursdays and Fridays between 12 pm and 3 pm for the time zone where most of your subscribers are.
- Pinterest – Five to 30 pins per day, most days. The more pins you pin, the better.